› Forums › Herpes Questions › Freaking out here!!!
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by Terri Warren.
December 14, 2022 at 12:03 pm #79700
I will try to be as concise as possible…
On 6/27 I, (male 45) had unprotected sex twice with a female. Never seen again.
Out of paranoia I did full STD panels on 7/6, 7/18, and 7/26 and all came back normal. I knew some test were too early to take. End of November I decided to take another test just to reconfirm….
11/23. HSV1 IGG was over 41, HSV2 1.41 with a reflex negative.
12/5 I did a type specific imunoblot and both (HSV I&2) came back positive.
12/13 I did HSV2 which came back 1.26.
I have not had any blisters or anything of what I would consider an outbreak. I did however have a perianal abscess diagnosed about 4 weeks past possible exposure. Could this have been my outbreak?
I will be doing a WB, but in the meantime I’m going crazy with the results.
December 15, 2022 at 8:22 am #79705
Just to be clear as to what lab each test was taken at:
7/6 and 7/18 Quest, 7/26 Labcorp. All was clean, no abnormal whatsoever.
11/23 Labcorp 1.41 IGG with neg reflex test.
12/5 Type Specific Immunoblot -Labcorp positive to HSV1&2
12/13 Quest- HSV 2 test alone 1.26
December 16, 2022 at 6:46 am #79754
Let’s go back to the top of the thread….
Just so much and so hard to put it in order
With all this paranoia, I check myself numerous times a day. Meantime while I wait for my WB to return (received by WU on 12/15). Last night I noticed what looks more like a small cut around the area just below where I had the perianal abscess. I did not notice anything before the cut, no blister forming. As of now 16 hours from when I noticed it, there are no other signs of any blisters. All my questions are the following.
1. The perianal abscess which was surgically taken care of, could it have been caused by HSV? There was no anal contact during sex as it was heterosexual.
2. Could the new cut close to the perinatal zone be another herpes outbreak?
3. Seeing how I never tested positive for HSV1, but now I test in the 40+ range and then 26 range in subsequent test, can that be affecting the HSV2 reading giving it a low positive value (1.41 & 1.26)?
4. How much stock do I put in the negative supplemental with labcorp? And how much stock do I put in the subsequent HSV1 and HSV2 positive Type specific imunoblot with Labcorp?
UW received my sample on the 15th of December, these next 3 weeks are going to be unbearable.
Thank you for all you do Terry!!! You are an angel
December 21, 2022 at 11:50 am #79774Terri WarrenKeymaster
We talked on video conference. You know your results now – negative for HSV 2 on your blot.
This should encourage people NOT to do the immunoblot as a confirmatory test. The CDC is very clear about that. I’m just waiting for someone to bring a lawsuit about this issue. Can hardly wait as it needs to stop and stop now.
You must register to ask your own question or be logged in to reply to this question.