December 28, 2021 at 7:15 am #76004SuspiciousTie47Participant
I recently have gone through a multitude of doctors and diagnosis the past few months, and my doctor has completely abandoned me after my
Positive result, so I have no one to discuss this with, and I wanted to take a chance with you. Here is the breakdown.
22 year old Female
– first cold sore at 14, never got another one.
– Sex, September 6
– Yeast Infection or BV Symptoms
– Used Monistat, no change
– Diagnosed with BV around September 15, took two rounds for 2 weeks because symptoms still persisted.
– Was told by doctor to just leave it alone because I could just be irritating myself.
– 9/10 irritation in vaginal, anus, and thighs. Super bad, couldnt sleep.
– During this period I tried everything, monistat, BV suppositories, probably about 3-4 different products.
– Got diagnosed with chlamydia 11/4
– took Azithromycin, symptoms relieved for about a few days but came back
– prescribed Doxycycline 11/16, symptoms relieved for a prolonged period.
– I still have VERY mild irritation, similar to the chlamydia symptoms. Same places, thigh, anus, and vagina.
– urethra specifically there is a tingling as well, these symptoms have been around for months.
– Tested for all STDs on December 22nd, came back December 27th that I have HSV Type 2 IGg of 1.20.
– I will note that during this entire time I had that only sexual encounter, and I never had any outbreaks.
– Doctor prescribed Valacyclovir 12/28 and it started giving me electric like shooting in my hands, feet, and legs, with possible joint pain.
– I feel all alone and confused.
Can you please explain for me what is going on.
January 3, 2022 at 5:07 pm #76044Terri WarrenKeymaster
with an index value of 1.2, it is highly unlikely that you have HSV 2 infection. If you want an accurate confirmatory test, I would suggest stopping the Valtrex now. You have waited long enough since your last described sexual encounter to get the western blot now. You can work with your own provider or with me to get this test, both are fine. You should order the kit from the UW, 206-685-6066. This will give you an accurate answer about whether or not you are infected with HSV 2. I suspect not!
January 3, 2022 at 5:13 pm #76048SuspiciousTie47Participant
Thank you for responding Terri! One last question, will taking 3 doses (1 gram) of valtrex affect an IGg? I took another test after being off valtrex for about a day. My IGg came back <.2
January 7, 2022 at 8:22 am #76092Terri WarrenKeymaster
No, 1 gram of Valtrex would not impact your IGG test result
You must register to ask your own question or be logged in to reply to this question.