I was out with a friend on Feb 22/19 and she asked me to taste her drink. I didn’t actually put my mouth on her straw (I put my fingers on the straw and my mouth on my fingers) but I did taste the liquid and a bit of the liquid was on my lips. She had taken one sip out of the drink before I did.
That Monday, she came to work and had a cold sore. I then remembered that she had a dark mark on her lip on Friday but I didn’t think anything of it at the time. I have never gotten a cold sore before and there is a lot of conflicting information on the internet.
1. What are my chances of getting a cold sore in this scenario?
2. How long do I wait until I know I didn’t contract oral herpes?
3. If I do get a cold sore, what are your recommendations for treatment?
1. as close to zero as you can get
2. If you don’t have lesions within 2-10 days, you are likely fine
3. Antivirals like acyclovir and valacyclovir
This is just not a method of transmission.
You must register to ask your own question or be logged in to reply to this question.