› Forums › Herpes Questions › HSV2 Symptoms and results, but can't think of risk factors › Reply To: HSV2 Symptoms and results, but can't think of risk factors
1) Is it possible that I could acquire HSV2 from the massages? – can you get HSV2 from a hand massage of the penis?
No, you cannot get HSV to from someone masturbating your penis.
2) Should I get retested with the Western Blot?
Yes, the Center for disease control recommends that everyone with an index value between 1.1 point one and 3.5 obtain confirmatory testing, preferably with a Western blot. With your index value, there is an 85% chance that this is a false positive. So there is a 15% chance that you are infected..
3) If I am infected, I’m worried that I may have unknowingly infected my partner. In addition to vaginal sex, we practice a lot of oral sex. Is it possible to pass HSV2 from my penis to her mouth?
If you do have genital HSV-2, it is possible that your partner could acquire this orally though that does not happen often.
4) If the massage is not a risk and I am positive, does that mean that I acquired HSV2 from my partner?
If you have only had one lifetime sexual partner, other than the massages, and you are truly positive, then you had to have acquired this from your partner correct.