Thank you for responding to my post. To answer your questions …
– The HSV2 test from the clinic was the IgG HSV2 antibody test and it was negative at 10 weeks
– I have not had any cold sores on my lips in my lifetime to the best of my knowledge
I’m glad that you DON’T think this is herpes
– My fear was based on herpes being a virus that lives in the nerves – I thought the tingling and twitching was the virus being active in my body – especially since it was also on my scrotum and right side of my mouth (from the oral sex and kissing) – an extended prodrome if you will.
– I acknowledge that there was also tingling in my feet, calves, thighs, face and hands as well. I have read that this can be associated with herpes, though rare, especially in the absence of other symptoms. Tingling all over is more likely stress than herpes, I assume.
– I understand that the timing and duration of my symptoms is also inconsistent with herpes (i.e., tingling in lower body after 8 weeks and persistent through 17 weeks plus tingling in my face after 13 weeks and persistent through 17 weeks).
– The prostatitis symptoms (pinching at tip of penis) are likely unrelated (or perhaps causing the stress that resulted in the tingling)
– It’s hard because everything I read about herpes suggests that it’s hard to diagnose and that symptoms can be hard to read or even absent entirely – and most doctors just think it’s about cold sores.
Follow ups / questions …
– I can certainly get another IgG HSV2 post 12 weeks (it would be 17 weeks by now).
– I have NOT been tested for HSV1 (presumably because the high incidence in the population would render the results inconclusive). Do you recommend me getting an HSV1 IgG test?
Thank you. I have been holding off on sex and even kissing – so I would be happy to be able to move on.