› Forums › Herpes Questions › Transmitted and feel terrible. Confused about when I contracted herpes. › Reply To: Transmitted and feel terrible. Confused about when I contracted herpes.
I had no sex last September (2017) and most of November (2017). Prior to that, I hadn’t had sex in 1.5 years because my husband stopped having sex with me.
Then, between late November 2017 and March 2018, I had sex with four people, in order:
1. nonconsensual unprotected sex with a “friend” (late November 2017)
2. a one-time thing (we had protected sex twice that night/morning in late November 2017)
3. had regular sex with a guy I dated for one month (early December 2017 to early January 2018)
4. my current (possibly now ex) boyfriend (February 2018 to now, although we haven’t seen each other since the outbreak and I think we are broken up because of it)
Written another way:
• August 2013 to July 2017 — Shitty relationship and marriage, he cheated at least once
• June 2016 to July 2017 — No sex at all
• July 2017 — Husband left
• July 2017 to November 2017 — No sex
• late November 2017 — First time having sex in 1.5 years; Sexually assaulted by a friend, and subsequent “yeast infection”
• late November 2017 — Protected sex twice with a second man
• December 2017 to early January 2018 — Had regular sex with a third man
• February 2018 to September 2018 (ie, present day) — Fourth man, my boyfriend; We have unprotected sex from the start of our relationship; I got tested a month in; He had never been tested
• beginning of March 2018 — Negative blood test for HSV1 and 2
• September 2018 (this month) — Boyfriend has outbreak; We both get tested; He is culture positive, blood negative; I am blood positive for Type 2
I am quite sure he hasn’t slept with anyone but me since we started dating.