1. because I’ve been on medication since my initial outbreak, has my body not produced it’s own anti bodies to fight it on its own?
It’s difficult to say whether you have made antibody by now but suspect that you have. Remember that antiviral therapy is not a perfect solution to transmission which means that the virus can still be active on suppression in some people
2. If I did a western blot test, would the results be skewed because of the medication? Would I have to come off it if I wanted the test?
The Answer to this question is The same as the question above. It is likely that you have made antibodies during this time even well on suppression- four years is a long time
3. If I stopped suppressive therapy, what I get more outbreaks?
Possibly yes but genitally just be one does not recur much on its own anyway so it’s difficult to know
4. Would you recommend to get off it and let my body handle it on its own?
I think that depends on your situation. If you were having sex with someone whose uninfected with type I then I would say that you should stay on the treatment. If you are not, you could try going off of Wallace and see how it goes for you
1. Would suppressive therapy make my outbreaks be that mild, to the point where they don’t hurt and heal with 2-4 days? Or would outbreaks still cause discomfort etc?
That’s also difficult to say. The antiviral medicine would definitely have an impact on recurrences but whether it would make them some mild that you don’t really feel them it Is a different question and one that I cannot answer with any certainty
2. If I got these spots swabbed to test for an active outbreak, would the result be skewed because of suppressive therapy? Or would results be accurate?
Yes the results might be swayed because of the antiviral medicine.
3. Is it weird since I have ghsv1 that if these instances are actually outbreaks, that I would still be getting them every few months while on suppressive therapy?
Yes, I think that would be unusual to be on suppression and have genital HSV 1e outbreaks every few months
1. Could those have actually been cold sores?
I doubt it but it’s possible
It would need to have a SWAb test to know for sure
2. I occasional, more recently lately, have gotten what I think is a pimple inside of my nose. It’s usually always just one round/flat white head that when popped lets out oil. I never get anything on the outside of my nose or mustache area or lip etc. Could that be herpes?
It is possible that the thing your nose is herpes yes. You should have it slapped tested to find out if it comes again
1. how long does asymptotic shedding last for? Hours , days etc?
Asymptomatic shedding is intermittent can last for a few hours or a full day
2. How long do prodromal symptoms last for? Would a random itch that doesn’t last more than a few seconds or minutes be considered that or be a sign of shedding?
Program usually lasts for a couple of days before an outbreak comes and is usually not characterized by few seconds of sensation. But rather sort of constant feelings