Thanks for your help. Couple more points to add
1) The blood tests I took had the following cut off numbers: <0.9 NEG, 0.9 – 1.1 EQUIV, >1.1 POS. I am just concerned why my HSV2 index result would come back as ‘<0.500’ when my HSV1 was so low at ‘<0.010’. Does this mean I could in fact have HSV2 and the antibody count is climbing it’s way up?
Bottom line – why would a number for HSV2 be higher than HSV1, even if a person has neither virus in their system?
2) The reason I am so concerned about HSV2 is because of the following:
– Little red bumps on labia minora (Dr said it’s vestibular pappilomatosis)
– A 3cm paper cut looking lesion on labia majora (Dr swabbed to make sure but said it was probably a shaving cut as I do dry shave that area…silly I know! It was really painful as she had to swab hard to try and get liquid but said it was very dry. Swab test came back negative.)
– Pain in neck and groin area.
– Frequent watery discharge. (Dr said this is probably due to my copper IUD.)
– Redness, burning and itching in vulva. (This tends to come the week following sex. Dr said this could be because I am quite dry during sex so causes irritation. I also wash my vulva area very thoroughly with soap and hot water, and wear panty liners a lot)
– And the one which probably worries me the most: daily nerve pain. Pinching or pin prick sensations in the labia majora, clitoris, cervix. Also pinching on the inside of my thighs – usually left leg. Pain down the sciatic nerve. Burning and achey thighs and pin pricking on the bottom of my feet and in my toes. (Dr said it could be fibromyalgia or vulvodina triggered by Rowing I do.)
Do the explanations Drs have given me sound plausible to you? Or very HSV like?
3) If someone +swab but -WB which do you believe?
Do you have any contacts in the UK that draw and spin blood? My Dr backed out as she said she hadn’t seen enough evidence to know the WB is reliable. (UK drs very sceptical of WB).
Thanks for your patience with me.