› Forums › Herpes Questions › Need your help › Reply To: Need your help
Thank you for your quick response.
I’m not worried about hsv1 as I know I already have it, so does my wife. I don’t get outbreaks, but I have tested positive on IGG.
I don’t know, I guess I was hoping for something to be definitive, even though I know that hsv testing is not definitive. Or perhaps hear from you something like herpes never causes the symptoms I am having. I know, I’m reaching, but I’m desperate.
I was really hoping you would tell me I’d be dying in pain if I had herpes in my rectum, but I understand that you can’t just make up generalizations.
I was so happy after my 16 week test, and then I started getting all of these other symptoms. It really sent me back down a dark path.
I also understand the assessment of risk in my situation and negative test, etc, but someone has to fall through the cracks at some point. I wish I could be confident in something more than an assessment of risk and a blood test with room for error. And these symptoms, I never had them before this ordeal. I should definitely stop with the invasive self-inspections. It’s definitely not helping matters.
Can I ask a few follow up questions?
1) Can I have any confidence in the fact that since I do test positive for hsv1 on herpes select igg, I would produce the appropriate antibody for the herpes 2 test?
2) of the very few who never produced antibody, were they negative for both types?
3) regarding the 97% sensitivity in the test, does that mean that 3% of people will always be missed, or does that mean that in any one test, I have a 3% chance of the test missing the proper diagnosis, so having another test would fix that? Another way of putting it, if the same person tested 100 times, will the test misdiagnose 3 of those times? Or if 100 people test, will 3 of those people never get the correct result on the herpes select igg?
4) does it sound like just hemorrhoids causing my discomfort?
5) sorry to ask again, but have herpes ever been known to cause those random, intermittent, pin-prick like sensations throughout the peri-anal area, with no visible lesions?