› Forums › Herpes Questions › Help with Chronology; Is Partner at Risk? › Reply To: Help with Chronology; Is Partner at Risk?
To answer your questions:
– I was, indeed, diagnosed with HSV-1 from a swab test of the lesions I described above.
– The doctor said that the lesions looked like the kind of sores teenagers get from HSV-1 on the inside of their lips.
– The HSV-1 antibody positive test was from this past October (2014), just a few months prior to these encounters. I thought, at the time, that my body had seen the virus and developed an immune response, but I’d never had symptoms I’d been aware of before or infected by the virus. I’ve never had cold sores.
– I think the last time I’d had sex with anyone other than these two guys was at least six months to a year before all of these incidents…. not always, always with condoms, I must admit.
– Additional info that I realize is likely relevant: Along with the lesions I described above, I also had swollen lymph nodes in my groin and I think a fleeting low fever, though I’m not sure about that…. My theory is that this was my primary infection w/ the virus, though perhaps you are reaching a different conclusion.
– I don’t want to confuse things, but I do remember on two occasions having what seemed like a clogged pore on my labia, once I’m almost certain it actually was. The second time, the spot bled a tiny bit when I tried to unclog it. It wasn’t a blister or sore or anything like that. Not sure if this is relevant or just trying to make sense of stuff in retrospect.
Does that give you the additional information you need?
Thanks again for your prompt reply!!