› Forums › Herpes Questions › Please Help…Very scared for my newborn baby › Reply To: Please Help…Very scared for my newborn baby
1. I have oral HSV, I had a cut on my finger and got some of blood from this cut on my baby’s face and lip when whiping her face. Is this a risk?
2. Could I contract HSV2 from touching a used towel from an infected person? If I touched the towel with my very dry and cracked hands (open cracks) could i get whitlow
3. If someone with genital HSV2 touched his genitals or mastrubated and then touched a doorknob/lightswitch or other object after, and few minutes later I touch the doorknob or light switch with my hands full of oozing cracks, could i get withlow this way?
4. Could I get withlow from touching an infected person’s underwear with my cracked hands?
5. Could I get withlow from touching a bed sheet or paper towel used by an HSV2 infected person to whipe of genital fluids after mastrubating?
6. When no coldsore is present, can my kids get infected when accidentally touching my mouth or rubbing their face against my cheek?
7. Can I infect my kids with saliva droplets when talking while holding them (no coldsore present)?
8 could I get HSV2 from a toilet seat in a public bathroom or using a towel from a public bathroom?
If my 2.5 month old does get infected with Hsv, is she likely to die from the infection?
no likely, no.
10. 2 days ago I cut my 2 month old baby’s fingernails and accidentally cut her pinky finger with the nail clipper. It was just a minor cut but did bleed a little. Now, 2 days later, there is a little scab over the cut. Today my step-father kissed her hand where the little stabbed over cut is. My step-father has a history of coldsores but had no signs of one right now and told me he did not have one for at least a couple of years. It was just one kiss on her little hand, not multiple kisses or prolonged kissing ofcourse. After this I washed my baby’s hand with water and soap.
What If my step-father would be asymptomaticly shedding from his lips?
I am very scared since she is just over 2 months old and infection could be fatal. Should I worry?
Could you please help me out with these 10 questions about transmission?
You are way overestimating the risk of herpes transmission and I think you know that but perhaps just need more reassurance. I hope I’ve given that to you.