I am worried that as I was taking Aciclovir that is has affected my test results, as I know I have HSV1.
How much did you take and for how long?
1. Why have both tests come back negative for HSV1?
Because the HSV 1 IgG test misses 20% of HSV 1 infections, compared to the western blot
2. Does my symptoms sound like I have contracted GHSV2 (milder symptoms due to the GHSV1)?
2. Does taking antivirals affect IGG results? mixed information around about this
It can, yes, depends upon how much and how long.
3. I know it’s best to wait 12-16 weeks for an IGG test, but does having HSV1 then getting HSV2 slow down antibody production or affect IGG result? Should I wait longer?
Let’s answer the question about antivirals before I answer this question. Certainly no shorter than 12 weeks.
3. I have now stopped taking the Aciclovir, how long should I wait before I take another test?
How long and how much?