I’ve had hsv2 for 12 years. Frequent outbreaks before starting suppressive therapy. Have HSV OCD that I am being treated for.
1. I am 20 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. I think I should I take intrauterine herpes off my worry list, but I once had a D&C and was having an outbreak due to stress. Could I have infected my uterus during the procedure?
2. I get SO anxious about giving birth. I have already expressed concerns to my OB and will continue to. But you are an hsv expert. What are the risks with a long standing hsv infection while taking suppressive therapy if there are no sores but viral shedding at time of delivery? Does csection completely eliminate risk or is there still a small chance of transmission?
3. There is no indirect transmission scenario possible where I can infect my children with hsv2 correct?
4. I also get paranoid about autoinoculation, esp whitlow. I get uneasy touching dirty towels, I worry about drying myself off or cleaning myself and then touching where my genitals rubbed against and getting whitlow. Not possible, even with cracks in the skin?
5. Does whitlow ever present in an atypical way? I guess I want to know if it would be obvious. I just worry about infecting our kids.
6. I recently got covid. I had a low grade fever, nasal congestion, then a sore throat with some ear pain. I noticed a few tiny white dots and white patches in the back of my throat. The office I called said people have reported this with covid infection, they weren’t concerned. I have never had an oral outbreak of hsv2, what are the chances it’s been dormant all these years and manifested this way for the first time ever? Also, when I got my positive covid result I started taking 1g valtrex a day prophylactically to be safe and this appeared day 3.
7. With a genital infection, can sores appear anywhere besides the boxer shorts area? Do herpes ever appear atypical on thicker skin?
8. Getting a disseminated infection should NOT be a concern of mine, right?