› Forums › Herpes Questions › Intraoral Herpes Outbreaks every week or so › Reply To: Intraoral Herpes Outbreaks every week or so
Hi Terri. I someone wasn’t able to log in using my old account so I created a new account to continue asking questions.
So I got another 2 swabs done of one of my intraoral sores (both on roof of my mouth on different sides) (same time 2 different sores in my mouth) and one came back neg for HSV DNA and the other one back positive.
1. Do you think that some of these sores could be something else and some of them are HSV? Could it be positive from asympt shedding?
2. Is it more likely that since one tested positive for HSV that they are all caused by the HSV? Why are the HSV sores persistent and recurrent almost weekly to biweekly since January? Isn’t that really rare? It is now my 6th month of this very frequent recurrence in my mouth.
3. Also weird thing is that I always used to get them in my lips and 1x a year so why all of a sudden since Jan they are only inside my mouth?
My husband recently had what looked like one tiny red sore on the side of the roof of his mouth. He said he didn’t feel any pain just felt a small bump and then the bump feeling went away in a day. Well now I’m freaking out that I gave him HSV orally. He and I don’t kiss in many years. We used to kiss in the beginning but we stopped. He tested negative for HSV1 and HSV2 back in 2012 (after we stopped kissing). I do not give him oral sex. We don’t share food or utensils. He accidentally drank one of my cups of coffee back a few months ago. This was during the time I have had very frequent outbreaks in my mouth. I might have had a sore as my mouth was itchy and I saw red sores about 3 days letter in my mouth. I am scared he got it from drinking my cup. He drank it maybe 10 minutes after I had drank it.
4. Do you think this drinking incident led to transmission of the virus?
5. Do you think while talking I accidentally spit into his food or spit (while talking sometimes spit may come out) and into or near his mouth, I may have spread the virus to him? He is getting igG test done tomorrow.