My lips have only ever gotten swollen during active cold sore breakouts (in conjunction with sores) in the past. They have never gotten swollen at at any other time or for any other reason. I personally have never got my sores swab tested using PCR sampling, but I am certain that this is HSV-1 considering everybody in my family gets cold sores (although not so severe, usually only a little sore at one corner of their mouth periodically), and that I never got another OB during the time I initially starting taking L-lsyne supplements. The only diagnosis testing I received was a visual diagnosis from my PCP and the Positive antiquated lgM Test. Asides from that, thankfully the swelling of my lips has gone down substantially once I started taking 200mg Zovirax 4x daily. I also wanted to point out that any new formation of sores are prevented by the application of acyclovir 2.5% cream, which I use daily on the entirety of my lips. I also was very stressed and anxious over school over the past few months prior to this OB (anxiety; insomnia, etc.) to the extent which I never had before, which could have been one of the contributing factors to this second OB.
My questions are:
– Have you ever had a case of oral HSV-1 like this? (Swollen lips/sores;longer than 60 days)
– What type of Valtrex dosage would you recommend for me? (all things considered)
– Is it better to start off with 500mg-1,000mg of Valtrex initially daily? (Instead of the 3,000mg for 10 days)
– Is 400mg Zovirax 4x daily a good dosage for my situation?
– Are there any other steps I can take to help the swelling/virus go down? (Considering this is HSV-1)