› Forums › Herpes Questions › Swollen Lips › Reply To: Swollen Lips
– Have you ever had a case of oral HSV-1 like this? (Swollen lips/sores;longer than 60 days)
– What type of Valtrex dosage would you recommend for me? (all things considered)
Certainly not topical cream. The recommended dose of oral treatment is 500 mg of valacyclovir once a day or 400 mg twice a day of acyclovir
– Is it better to start off with 500mg-1,000mg of Valtrex initially daily? (Instead of the 3,000mg for 10 days)
– Is 400mg Zovirax 4x daily a good dosage for my situation?
– Are there any other steps I can take to help the swelling/virus go down? (Considering this is HSV-1)
I am not aware of any other steps as I have never seen general lip swelling with HSV 1.