Yes, my doctor said the IGG is unreliable. I had an exam yesterday and this doctor said he thinks it’s vulvovahinitis but that first outbreaks can be atypical. He did a swab test which came back negative. He believed there was still enough going on that it would have shown up. So my questions:
1. Is 14 days after onset of symptoms too late for a reliable swab test?
2. What are the chances of transmission from a one time unprotected encounter?
3. Is 12 weeks long enough to wait for a reliable WB blood test?
4. How likely is an equivocal IGG result to change to a positive inbetween 8 and 12 weeks?
5. Can you explain why my symptoms make infection seem unlikely when they pain was nearly unbearable?