› Forums › Herpes Questions › Having constant intraoral herpes now genital lesions › Reply To: Having constant intraoral herpes now genital lesions
1. Do you think this is how I infected myself with hsv down there?
Wait, I’m confused, you already have results saying this is HSV 1?
If this is HSV 1, has anyone else ever given you oral sex? Could you have acquired HSV 1 orally and genitally at the same time in the past? Again, it is very unlikely that you transferred virus from your mouth to your genitals.
2. What other ways could I have infected my genitals? My husband does not do oral sex. He also is negative fir hsv1 and 2 (recently tested.
Again, has anyone else ever given you oral sex?
3. If this is hsv, I have had 2 obs already after 1 month. Does thus mean I will have frequent obs? I though hsv1 I supposed to recurr much less than that?
You are ahead of yourself here, I think. Let get results (and you likely have them by now). If this is HSV 1, the recurrence pattern you are having is atypical, yes.
4. If I have hsv 1 orally and genital, do obs in both places occur simultaneously or do you have them in one location at a time?
If this is genital HSV 1, you will have far fewer outbreaks genitally than orally
5. I am concerned that my sex life is now over. I cannot live with myself if I spread thus to my husban. I am on valtrex for suppression as you know 500 mg bid but I still had obs in my mouth and also now in my genitals while on suppression. What hope do I have? Is there anything more I can do?
The IgG test for HSV 1 misses 30% of infections, compared to the western blot. So it is possible that your husband’s IgG test missed an infection. If you have it in both locations, I would suggest that he obtain a western blot to be certain that he is really not infected. How long have you been together?
6. If my body is not able to fight hsv and I keep getting frequwnt recurrences despite taking suppression what do you recommend I do next? Should I get immune testing done?
If you continue to get frequent recurrences, you could have an acyclovir resistance testing done of a positive culture, yes.
7. Is it pissible I have a crazy strain of hsv1 that is exceptionally hard to fight off?
I doubt that
8. Have you ever encountered a case like mine? If so, what happened to those patients over time, did their disease ever improve and how long did it take?
I’ve not really encounter this particular thing before, no.