› Forums › Herpes Questions › HSV Transmission ?s › Reply To: HSV Transmission ?s
One last question (for now)-
1. If you make out with someone and there is no cold sore on their mouth at the time you makeout with them—-then 1-2 days later they develop a cold sore, can that pose as a transmission risk?
2. So if both persons have oral HSV-1 & they perform oral sex on each other, can they transmit the hsv1 to genital still?
3. How long does HSV-1 live on plastic toys, straws, glass cups, etc?
4. If you make out with someone and wipe hand sanitizer on your lips, can it kill HSV infection?
5. Do you recommend new love interests to do a western blot since IGg misses 30% of cases? Incase they have HSV-1 & they want to perform oral sex on you? Thoughts?