It has been some time since I wrote and I wanted to provide updates as well as ask a few questions.
At 16 weeks I submitted Western Blot which came back negative for HSV2 and positive for HSV1. In Jan I was diagnosed with desquamative inflammatory vaginitis via wet mount and treated with clindamycin and hydrocortisone suppositories. I also received a negative HPV screen at that time. My insurance denied the 3rd vaccine because I’m “too old” (32) and I was unable to afford the third vaccine.
At a follow up in Feb I looked normal under microscope for DIV but burning remains. External burning is gone. Did PCR twice more all came back negative in Feb and May. I did a microbiome test via Evvy which came back normal in March. I have been in pelvic floor physical therapy for a few months is helping in addition to recently starting cymbalta.
At a sonogram in June they found a smooth tumor on my posterior bladder wall, then confirmed with cystoscopy. I will have a TURBT biopsy shortly.
1. If I have a negative western blot for hsv2 is it definitive enough at 16 weeks without symptoms? Is it worth testing a second time because of testing error rate at this point?
2. Do you believe a negative HPV screen 5 months out is enough time for potential detection?
3. Considering where my tumor is, do you believe it’s possible I’m feeling bladder and not vaginal pain?
4. Regarding DIV vaginitis, I know this is not your niche but do you have any suggestions?
5. Is there anything diet/supplements/topicals in general you recommend for Genital skin health/healing?
Although it is significantly reduced from when I began having symptoms, I do still have burning pain every day. It is now purely internal not external. I have internal vaginal dryness on/off and a mucus like yellow discharge since January and redness intra vaginally and on inner labia. Osteopath put me on vaginal estrogen and calendula suppositories, helps temporarily for dryness. Thank you Dr.Terri!