1. Would a few days off from 12 weeks since second exposure make a difference in igg testing? Is a western blot necessary?
No and no. The IgG test picks up 92% of HSV 2 infections. If you are not comfortable with the 8% miss rate, then you could do the blot.
Because I spent so long trying to convince/prepare myself for a positive result, it’s hard to unlearn that my symptoms are not hsv related. However, with your responses and knowing the igg test is pretty accurate by now for hsv2, I have been actively trying to find other reasons for my symptoms. I was so sure bc the symptoms only started after being with him.
2. Have you ever witnessed someone seroconvert post 12 weeks for hsv2? Could I be that 8% chance to seroconvert later that 12 weeks? Or never? Have you ever witness someone never have a positive igg for hsv2 but positive swab?
No, not unless they have taken oral antiviral medicine at the very beginning of a new infection for an extended period of time. I have, however, 10 patients who were positive by swab test and negative by western blot. However, some of them had taken antivirals for an extended period of time right after a new infection was visually diagnosed.
I am still have symptoms that are unexplainable, especially the pain in my groin, thighs, hips and buttocks; random throbbing pain in vagina. Stinging sensation inner thigh.
3. Is there anything you can suggest moving forward to help me find a reason for these symptoms?
No, I honestly have no idea what that might be. Would the western blot at least help you put this worry away?
I really want to thank you for being patient and trying to help regardless of my stubbornness. Being negative after exposure is certainly lucky and I believe my trauma from possible infection could have something to do with how my nerves interact with my body now. I was pretty distraught for the first 7/8 weeks after exposure to the point where my mental state may have done some physical damage to my body. Or so I believe.
4. Is this even possible? Being so stressed and full of anxiety that my body is now internally changed in connection with my nervous system?
I doubt that, but I do think when people are very worried that they have gotten herpes, they notice every little sensation that, before the worry, might never have been noticed at all.
5. Could the sores I had on my tongue simply be from stress/anxiety? Or could Ohsv2 not show in igg blood tests?
HSV 2 would show positive on the test regardless of location. You could have had geographic tongue, which is pretty common.
The COVID vaccine would not cause a false negative on the test.