1. The lesion on my finger formed a tiny scab, and when I initially scratched it, it kind of just peeled off/scraped off. Some clear liquid came out when I squeezed on it and when I bent my finger it looked kind of like a scratch. Does any of this change your opinion any, or make you think it is Herpetic Whitlow?
2. Does Herpetic Whitlow ever present with mild symptoms that might be mistaken for something else? Or is it always a pronounced bister with pain and swelling?
Not that I have ever seen
3. The lesion popped on Tuesday 7/19 and started clearing up/getting better within about a week? Does whitlow usually take longer than that to heal?
4. When lesions heal do they get white and flaky dead skin, or do they mostly form a yellow crust that falls off?
They form a crust that falls off
5. The ear lesions PCR swab came back negative. I noticed them on a Saturday and went to urgent care Tuesday night, did I wait to long? Should I trust the PCR?
6. Can someone develop an immunity to HSV1 if a partner has it? Like is the body able to recognize it and fight it off?
we don’t think so
7. What are your thoughts on a cure? Ae you familiar with Fred Huthinson’s research on a cure and what is your opnion on that? Do you think there will be a cure in the next 10 years?
I am very familiar with Keith Jerome’s work and I am very optimistic about it.
8. Does Mupiricon ointment have any effect on herpes lesions?