1. Having HSV1 Antibodies for my entire life, how can it be an HSV1 outbreak that then moves to my hands and eyes??
The eyes are in the same nerve group as the mouth and face, but your hands don’t sound anything like herpes to me.
2. Spoke to doctors and have been told acyclovir does not interfere with hsv-2 antibody detection using IGG blood test. I have had no sex since first HSV2 “Positive” result. HSV-2 Antibodies would have shown up already no? Additionally, I have always been positive for HSV1 and each test has came back as positive.
The doctors are incorrect. Taking acyclovir or other antivirals at the very first sign of an outbreak, for an extended period of time, can interfere with antibody tests. Is that the case with you? Have you taken antivirals for an extended period of time after thinking that you have HSV 2 as a new infection? I’m confused.
3. I have came back negative on every test for any other STD
4. Symptoms fit so well with herpes and follow a path from my genitals to my hands then my eyes. I have not found anything else that causes these same symptoms in the same fashion with the same sensations at the same time.
I seriously doubt that since your oral infection is well established and transmission to a new site on your body is so unlikely
5. Next step is to get off acyclovir and let the virus take its course but I am cautions because I believe it to be in my eyes. I also have a two year old and can spread it to him through my hands potentially.
Have you had a blister rash on a red base that is very tender on a hand? I don’t see that and think that is unlikely.
Feel caught between a rock and a hard place where doctors need to see the actual full blown symptoms without the medication but I can potentially risk exposing my child through symptomatic or asymptomatic shedding of herpetic whitlow and risk potential vision loss for herpes in the eyes.
I think this whole thing is a bit off base now. Your HSV 2 went from positive to equivocal. Did you have a new partner that has HSV 2, is that why you think you have HSV 2? What was your index value on the low positive?
I would suggest that you consider coming off antiviral and have a swab test of any concerning symptoms right away.