– Is somebody likely to experience an increase in facial cold sores after a recent HSV-2 infection?
– How much time (off valcyclovir) is needed for an accurate IgG test?
– How much weight, if any, should I put behind a positive IgM test, taken 3 weeks post appearance of suspicious genital redness?
Zero weight – the IgM is a terrible test with many false positives.
– Can any solace be taken in a negative HSV2 IgG test 11 weeks post perceived infection, if self medicating with valtrex?
that’s tough – I don’t have an answer for you .
– Could anything other than HSV describe a blister forming on the penile shaft, scabbing over then disappearing. Most of my other symptoms were pretty ambiguous, but that one seemed like herpes. I was told it was too late to swab by the time I got it checked out.
Hmmm. That is concerning. So you know that your HSV 1 infection is oral?