Hi Terri, thanks for your replies, this is my final post unless I decide WB. Update:
(Eurofins megalab, hsv1/2 combined):
5 weeks post exp: IgG <0.5, IgM 3.4
12 weeks post exp: IgG <0.5, IgM 2.8
(Synlab taken 1 day after eurofins megalab 12 wk for lab comparison):
Hsv 1: IgG <0.5, IgM 0.9
Hsv 2: IgG <0.5, IgM 0.56
1. I have been sick with some type of cold/flu the entire last two months. Could that have slowed down my IgG immune response to HSV? (Full blood work w/ first test showed no abnormal blood cell counts or infection markers)
2. I had an ingrown swabbed, pcr negative. Had a couple of small pink bumps inside the vagina visually diagnosed as hsv, PCR swabbed negative (very diligent swab including scalple scratch that didnt really hurt). Was told to accept I had it based on visual and IgM, regardless of the negative PCR/IgG.
3. Only other symptoms have been occasional pain/burn/prickling in my left labia, and some strange white spots (indented, smooth, not blistered) which look like scars with no hair and then turned into a distinct wrinkle, labia majora. I have also seen a couple of red lines on the labia that I cant distinguish from being a tiny cut, vein, or crease redness from natural skin folds. When you see cuts with herpes, are they normally quite noticable and obviously a cut? I only see tiny pink lines with a 10x mirror and flashlight when pulling the skin quite taunt, and nothing has scabbed/bled/leaked.
4. If someone fingered a woman with no active outbreak and then fingered me immediately after with the same finger, would that be a reasonable risk? (GHSV1 only to their knowledge, and they have clearly identified 2 OBs in the past). That is my only possible exposure for genital HSV.
5. As for the WB, I will only be in the USA for Christmas, from 12/17 to 1/7 and have no insurance. If I arrange with you do I also need a doctor to fill out the order? Any idea how much shipping generally is from the Southeast? I would go through AnyLabTestNow.