› Forums › Herpes Questions › Possible false negatives › Reply To: Possible false negatives
March 5, 2023 at 11:02 am #80691
Thanks for your answer.
I asked the lab why they used different tests on my IGM and IGG.
They said that they used Euroimmun in both. It came back positive for IGM, so they decided to confirm with the Elisa.
My questions are:
1. Since they used Euroimmun for IGG. Is this test as reliable as the ELIsA with the same window periods of 12 weeks?
2. What are my % chances of being a false positive?
3. There is no western blot here. What should can we do if her results come back again with a same range 1.1-3.5? Is there another kind of confirmatory test?
4. Why is 10 weeks probably enough?
5. If she gets a negative IGG? That’s all. No need for me test again?