› Forums › Herpes Questions › HSV Symptoms – have you seen this before? › Reply To: HSV Symptoms – have you seen this before?
1) With these results and symptoms it safe to conclude that I do have HSV1?
indeed you do
2) Does the prodrome-like feeling suggest that I have it genitally?
I think the symptoms are way to vague to say that, no.
3) Do the numbers imply that I likely caught it from this new partner? Previous sexual encounter was 11 months prior.
We can’t tell anything from your index value of 8 except that you have HSV 1. And are you sure there isn’t a “>” sign in front of the 8?
4) I have never been tested before. Could this be an older infection that just happens to be flaring up
This could be an older infection, period. The lesions on your face and in your mouth may or may not be HSV – really can’t say without a swab test, which I would recommend that you do.?
5) Have you ever encountered skin changes like mine? In correlation with a herpes infection?
No exactly, no
HPV would not influence a herpes antibody test.
And we know now that IgG testing can be quite inaccurate. I don’t know the date of the handbook but that update is in the newer ones we’ve published