› Forums › Herpes Questions › Nose herpes? › Reply To: Nose herpes?
1) does this sound like nose herpes?
It sure does
2) if yes, should I treat it the same as oral cold sore? Meaning, am I shedding and should I refrain from kissing and oral sex?
3) if not, what else could it be?
It could be bacterial but with your history of cold sores, I think it is just herpes in and on your nose. Very common indeed
4) is it possible to have both oral and genital symptoms at the same time with HSV1?
It is possible but the only way to know is to have a positive swab test from either of those locations.
4) if I have had oral sores since I was a kid, what is the likelihood I auto-inaculated and infected my genital area by touching my genitals with my saliva? I read that auto-inaculation is likely during primary outbreak? What about if I have had recurrent cold sores over the years and an established infection?
Once you have HSV 1 in one location, it is extremely unlikely that you would get it in a new location.
5) I ordered a swab kit from 24/7lab kit, should I swab my nose even if there are no open sores?
It doesnt’ have to be open to swab, no, but is should be red and tender for best results.