› Forums › Herpes Questions › IGG Testing › Reply To: IGG Testing
Thank you so much! I had a few follow up questions and so I purchased my next round. This is all in relation to my above description of my past infection of GHSV-1 and my new HSV-2 tests.
1) So my current boyfriend (said he cut his penis shaving) tested for hsv-2 during his last relationship and was negative. Therefore, unless there was cheating, he should be good correct?
2) Out of anxiety, I tested 3 days after my last IGG to find that once again my hsv-2 IGG had risen (from 0.081 to a 0.084). I know this is only marginally higher than my very first test (0.068). But now with 5 test that are rising in the past 6 months, I am concerned. Do you believe this is an issue? Or, like you said, can I expect this to be normal and my numbers to simply rise now and fall in the future? If I was not on daily antivirals (for my GHSV-1), I would trust these negative tests. However, I am just wanting to ask an expert.
3) Is it alright for me to trust my negative HSV-2, even though its rising and i’m on antivirals, and just wait to test again if I see symptoms or something else comes up?
4) In the past (before my recent new sex partners), my HSV-2 value has always shown <0.1. If i do decide to test again in a few months and my HSV-2 rose ABOVE 0.1, is this cause for concern? I am wondering if there may be some cross-reactivity with my HSV-1 since I am JUST NOW testing positive for type 1, but have had GHSV-1 for 4.5 years? I saw that you mentioned cross-reactivity between HSV-1 and HSV-2 IGG tests in earlier posts.
I just want to add how appreciative I am of all your work. This disease is so minor, but the stigma is HORRIBLE. People like you have kept me sane all these years.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by AnonUser12345.