› Forums › Herpes Questions › Unsure what to do › Reply To: Unsure what to do
Thanks, Ill just ask a few more questions just so I can get all my doubts out of my head:
1. Would it be rare if I had a low positive by the first test which is not as good as the 2nd test and then have a negative on the better second test that that would be a false negative?
2. You said 92% of people would show positive by 6 months but technically speaking I showed “positive” before (on the first test) but we’re saying it’s probably a false positive so if I potentially could show that I’m positive then shouldn’t the second test that showing negative prove that I don’t have it? (I know you said there could be false negatives but shouldn’t this fact prove more (even less then 8%) that the 1st was a false positive and 2nd was the true negative)?
3. How come you’re not scared that the rash that I’m having is being caused by hsv2, that’s where my mind keeps on going now that the rash is because of that (is it even common to have no blisters or sores just a rash by upper inner thigh and skin fold and testicles are itchy at times that that should be hsv2 or does it really sounds like joch itch)? (Also when I had the stinging before the rash gets me nervous but I was told small stinging could be anything and the rash was probably joch itch I just want to hear from you that that was probably the case and it’s not really how hsv2 effects people- cause I read online some people just have rash’s or no symptoms at all)?
4. I know you said there is a very low chance to get it with intercourse with a condom but I keep on reading online that there’s something called asymptomatic shedding so I’m nervous and even though I didn’t see any sort of blisters that maybe my upper inner thigh touched her upper inner thigh area and that transmitted to me, so I guess the question is would that be very rare to happen that way (online makes it seem possible so that’s what’s been making me nervous)?
5. can I feel confident dating and not assuming I have hsv2 and that I will not transmit it?