› Forums › Herpes Questions › HSV-1 IGG Test Results & Confusion › Reply To: HSV-1 IGG Test Results & Confusion
Facts (tell me if you disagree):
HSV-1: 3 low positives IgG over a 9-year period with several negatives in between (no known symptoms). One positive IgM (but I think you have said those should be disregarded).
HSV-2: No real concern about being positive via WB (IgG have always been negative).
1) What are the chances of WB being negative for HSV-1?
2) Have you had patients with similar facts have WB come back negative?
3) Any reason I should NOT get WB? I think I’m just afraid of the unknown. But ultimately, this is the only way to know my status. Considering my last HSV-1 test was positive, it seems I have nothing to lose. I’m just about ready to do this, I just need a little push.
4) Any thoughts on my previous post above regarding pimple/ingrown hair that my dermatologist was certain was not herpes?
5) As mentioned I did spoon on a couch with a girl who was HSV-2 positive, is that a concern?
Sidenote: It does not help that DRs I have seen are so dismissive and simply want people to accept HSV-1 results as is, considering no symptoms. If in fact the last test was accurate, then they would be right. But I just think it’s crazy that they don’t know about or offer other more thorough testing. I feel like you are the only person out there that knows anything and understands that this is a big issue to people (regardless of what the DRs’ think). They are acting like I am crazy.