The PCR might be accurate after 4 days, yes. I think the lesions was in an unusual place for HSV presentation.
1. Around Monday or Tuesday night, I can’t quite remember I found a red line that looked like a tiny cut on the area next to and slightly below my labia majora, so not on it, going down towards my buttcheek. So basically in the middle between my labia majora, inner thigh, and butt cheek.
2. I have had two providers look at the area and both said it didn’t look like herpes. The first provider refused to swab because he said there was nothing to swab, the second provider said she really didn’t feel a need to swab but would if I wanted to, the area was swabbed today, Saturday morning, making it 4-5 days past when I first noticed the lesion. Would the swab be accurate?
Perhaps – difficult to say.
3. Does this sound herpetic to you, I worry because I know that sometimes herpes can show up like cuts? Since the spot is an area where the skin is a little thicker than genital skin, would symptoms be more pronounced than just a small cut?
It really doesn’t and two clinicians now have told you that it didn’t look like HSV.
4. I had been sweating down there in that area, could sweat have caused the skin to break down?
5. Could this be fungal? Can fungal overgrowth cause little cuts like that.
It surely can
6. I am so upset with the first provider for not swabbing as this was the earliest time I could be seen and now I’m worried that I won’t have an answer for this because the swab will not be accurate. Does the fact that two providers didn’t think it was herpes mean anything? I know a lot of providers are not educated in regards to herpes, but the second provider said she has seen a lot of herpes and knew that herpes could cause papercut lesions, but she said she would be absolutely shocked if what i had turned out to be here
I think her opinion is very important and HSV seems unlikely to me.