I’m having constant pain in my penis and the skin feels like it is burning. My meatus is also very irritated and is rubbing on my underwear. The rash in my groins has calmed down lots but is still there. It’s been many weeks now.
Docs can’t see anything abnormal when they examine my genitals (apart from groin rash) and my Derm said that this lingering feeling might be herpes and that the igg blood test is so inaccurate that they could have easily missed the HSV2 (HSV1 has been picked up in all 3 of my tests – I get cold sores). He has given me two months of Valtrex at 500mg per day to try to suppress.
I feel like I can’t move on from this with these symptoms lingering and causing pain, despite the neg blood tests.
My questions are:
1. What are your thoughts on the above symptoms?
2. What are your thoughts on what the Derm said?
3. If I had a herpes OB in my urethra would it hurt when I pee? Even if it was a tiny blister at the very tip? (I know I asked this already but forgot to add the “when I pee” bit).
4. Does the fact that I have HSV1 make the HSV2 blood test less accurate?
5. When would the suppressive dose likely relieve these symptoms? I am struggling to function day to day.
6. What countries are the Western Blot available? I really want to take it but I am not in the US.
7. Any advice for managing these symptoms or getting relief from this pain?
Thank you so so much.