Thank you for your response!
To follow up:
1. If I decided to get the western blot test…I am located in Ontario, Canada and am unsure of the procedure I would take to get that done given I am not in the United States. Have you dealt clients getting the WB in Canada before & what are the steps?
2. If someone were to experience a herpes outbreak. What are the tell tale prodromes and symptoms? In other words, what do most herpes outbreaks look/feel like from start to finish?
3. Got the spot in question swabbed. However, it didn’t appear to be broken, open, or leaking any liquid. Can a swab test pick up on herpes if a sore is closed/hasn’t broken open or scabbed?
4. Lastly, the spot in question has not changed or developed any further since it appeared a few days ago. Do herpes spots do this sort of thing?
5. If possible, could you please elaborate a bit more on my previous query about the IGG false positives. How could the test pick up antibodies from someone for hsv2 for example if they have not contracted the virus? I’m just a bit confused on HOW the false positives happen for these tests