1. Is cobblestone throat a common herpes symptom? Even for throat herpes? Doctor told me it was just allergies probably.
I don’t even know what that is, sorry
2. If I did get oral hsv2 would it only show up as cold sores usually or would there be more going on actually inside my mouth? (In the cheek, on the tongue, gums, etc.) Not sure what would be common with oral hsv2 or if it manifests any differently.
It would likely show up as cold sores
The cold sores I got really freaked me out as I normally don’t get that many. But I haven’t had anything since and I’m starting to believe it could have been due to the sunburn I had gotten a week prior to getting them.
3. Is it possible to give myself another cold sore from say using the same toothbrush i used when I had gotten one? Or using the same chapstick?
NO, your immune system determines frequently of recurrences, not toothbrushes.
In addition to the ones above:
4. Are abdominal cramps a herpes symptom? I am about to start my period but still just wanted to know.
5. Do you think its odd I got 1 cold sore and then 3 more showed up in a matter of days even though i rarely get cold sores? Or is a sunburn likely to cause an outbreak? They went away almost as soon as i put abreva on them. (This was about a week after I initially got lip sunburned and my skin was dry and flaking off a lot throughout the week. This was also 4-5 days after last oral sex contact) and like I said, I was also severely stressed and about to start my period.
without a swab test, it’s not possible to know what might be going on here, sorry
6. How likely is it to have oral hsv1 and oral hsv2? Have you seen that before? Does hsv1 provide ANY minor protection from hsv2?
We think the local immune response involved with your HSV 1 likely gives you some protection against HSV 2
7. Last question! How accurate is an igg at 4 weeks? Should i just wait til week 6 or save up for a western blot at week 12? The thought of getting a false positive deeply stresses me out. Im so beyond stressed and I can’t focus on day to day tasks. The mental strain this has taken on me is so severe and while I’m not worried about hurting myself I’ve experienced suicidal ideation for the first time in years.
We don’t have data at 4 weeks = at 3 weeks, the IgG picks up 50% of those who will eventually test positive.
I still think that HSV 2 oral infection is really unlikely here. You can keep testing as often as you think it will be helpful.