› Forums › Herpes Questions › GSHV1 Transmission , Conceiving, Condom usages and risks › Reply To: GSHV1 Transmission , Conceiving, Condom usages and risks
1) Have you seen any case with genital to genital transmission without indulging in oral sex till date ?
Not personally, no.
2) How likely it is possible to transmit GHSV1 asymptomatically when there are no outbreaks to my female partner ?
We don’t have that data, sorry.
3) If I have to plan for a kid, what should be the dosage of valtrex I should take everyday in order to prevent transmission to my partner genitally ?
500 mg once a day is the usual dose for suppression. We don’t know exactly what the effectiveness is for HSV 1 genital infection
4) Are there any prodromal symptoms for asymptomatic viral shedding ?
Often no, no
5) Sometimes my body itches a lot. Sometimes I feel itchy near private area. Does it mean my body is shedding the virus ?
Not necessarily. Genital itching is very common, even in people without HSV.
Did the dermatologist do a swab test of the blisters?