1. Does this sound like herpes? If not, any idea what it may be?
not really but whenever someone mentions scabbing on their penis, it always raises some concerns for me
2. How common is it for herpes to present itself strictly on the head of the penis
It is rare, in my experience
1. Would herpes appear/reappear at the initial site of contraction?
2. Can you spread genital HSV1 to another personal genitals?
That is a rare event to happen – I personally have not seen someone acquire genital HSV 1 in that way
3. Can someone with oral HSV1 get it on their genitalia?
that would be highly unusual
4. If I took the western blot and it came back positive, would it tell me what kind of herpes I have(hsv1/hsv2)?
1. I’ve now had 3 physicians do pcr swab tests and they’ve all came back invalid from lifelabs(Canada). They’ve all also said they doubt it is herpes and would be surprised if it was. My concern is just the invalid results continually coming back from proclaimed super sensitive swab tests??? Any idea what’s going on here…? Why would they be invalid?
I have no idea why they would be invalid. Perhaps they were using the wrong swab or waited too long to get them to the actual lab?
2. A few days ago (about a week after the last spot had appeared) I got an itchy urethra for a few hours. The next day my urethra felt a little uncomfortable(it didn’t really hurt to pee. Felt pretty much the same regardless the time of day). The next day it was pretty much fine. Would herpes in the urethra present this way?
Not normally, no.
A few more general questions for you as well:
– Does herpes usually appear/reappear(recurrent outbreaks) at the initial site if infection?
about half the time, half the time in other locations in the boxer shorts area.
– Does herpes cause itchy urethra? Especially AFTER the spots in question appeared
usually herpes in the urethra presents with pain
– What would typical flu related herpes symptoms be?
fever, headache, light sensitivity, achy joints and muscles
– Is it common for herpes spots to pop up days apart or usually all at once?
Usually all within a few days
– Is it common for a herpes sore to develop from bump to scab overnight? Or do they blister/ulcerate/scab over a longer period?
that could happen
– The herpes numbers for transmission are listed as percentages for having sex twice a week over the course of a year. Is the percentage for each act of sex or a yearly total percent.(ex. 4%. Would that be 4% each act of sex or 4% per year)
It would be in a year