1) Are there cases of shingles showing up as positive HSV swab test results?
no, the swabs look for two different viruses
2) After a positive Real-Time PCR swab test, why might I test HSV1 negative via IgG test 12 weeks post-symptoms?
Because 1) the IgG test misses 30% of HSV 1 infections compared to the western blot anyway and 2) because you’ve been on suppression
3) Is bloodwork or actual antibody formation being affected by my being on antivirals since BEFORE exposure and outbreak?
4) What follow-up test(s) would you recommend to get to a definitive answer?
You have a definitive answer – a positive swab test. You don’t need anything else.
5) Will the expense of a Western Blot give better answers for HSV1?
Not until you are off suppression for 3 months. At that point, you could try to do the IgG test again, but I’m confused about why you don’t believe the swab test which is definitive?
6) Is anyone other than UW (Yale?) offering WB tests?