1) Have you ever heard about a false positive on the blot?
That isn’t possible because four antibody proteins must be present to call it positive, not just one like the IgG test.
2) Have you ever had the blot done from Germany? If no, is it possible to get it done from here (given that it will be send with adequate packageing and will arrive in Seattle withing 2 or 3 days)?
(Asking because I read somewhere on the forum that the Blot is not possible from Asia).
Yes, I have had people do it from Germany successfully
If yes, my next question is about timing. As you know shipping from Europe is quite expensive, so I want to avoid taking the test twice (in case of an indeterminate).
My encounters were in November and January. I believe I read on this forum somewhere that a blot taken one year after encounter, if indeterminate is considered negative.
3) Therefore, should I wait till January to take the Blot? Or can take it now? Is a indeterminate even likely after almost 10 months after encounter? I’d prefer to get it done asap but if its better to wait till January to save myself from the second test I would.
If an indeterminate is a worry, and it can happen, I would suggest that you wait until a full year after a concerning encounter.