When you keep posting new thing, it moves your question down the line. And yes, the next appointment is in November as I am in India, working now. Will be home in November.
1. Could this new lesion from Oct. 13 have been an initial outbreak of type 2? It seems odd that the first type 1 lesions would have healed completely then a new one came. Or is it more likely that it was just another type 1 lesion?
I think it is more likely an outbreak of HSV 1 – wasn’t that confirmed by your doctor with a swab test?
2. Is my blood work from Oct. 13 after 8 days of Valtrex accurate, or would the antivirals have impacted it?
It is unlikely that 8 days of Valtrex would impact an antibody test.
3. If the culture from the 13th is positive for type 2, is that 100% accurate?
yes, but I thought you said it was negative? Now I’m really confused
4. If the culture from the 13th is negative, when can I rule out type 2? I was on Valtrex for 10 days total (October 5-14th). Would this impact my 12 week IGG blood work? If so, how much longer do I need to wait?
See the answer above. I swab test taken right away with a symptom that is negative is likely correct.
5. When can I do a Western blot test given the concerns about antivirals? Does having HSV1 also mean I need to wait longer to Western blot test because of delayed antibodies?