› Forums › Herpes Questions › GSHV1 Transmission , Conceiving, Condom usages and risks › Reply To: GSHV1 Transmission , Conceiving, Condom usages and risks
No , dermatologist did not do any swab test for me. It was IGG blood test after 1 month.
By the way , it looks like my partner has got HSV1 from me. It was asymptomatic transmission. I was wearing protection but I wasn’t on anti virals. It happened on the last week of September. She developed blisters on the 14th day and it was painful and she got similar symptoms which I got . In addition , she also got candida infection for which she took anti fungal medication.
We got it confirmed from a sexologist online. We will be going for IGG blood test this weekend for her.
I wanted to ask few questions if you don’t mind.
1. As both of us are GHSV1 positive, what will be the future of our sex life ?
2. Ever since I was diagnosed, I didn’t kiss my partner due to the fear of oral HSV1 transmission. It’s been an year since I was diagnosed and I haven’t had any outbreaks in oral area. I assume I don’t have it over there. My partner has not got any outbreak in oral area till date. How likely it is possible for us to get it in oral area ?
3. I heard 3 months after diagnosis, we cannot reinfect ourselves in other location due to anti bodies. Is this true ?
4. Suppose , if I do fingering inside her and with the same finger if I touch other body parts of her during sexual activity and then use my mouth on those parts , will I be getting infected in oral area ? Can it be the same for her too ?
5. Can we ever perform oral sex on each other ?
6. Should we use protection for any sexual activity in future ?
7. I am worried about HPV as I heard it can also transmit asymptomatically. I have not had any HPV symptoms till date. If at all in future I don’t wear protection , should I be worried about HPV transmission to my partner ?
8. Should I test my partner for HPV as we are long time partners and I was the one who was exposed from a third person orally ?