› Forums › Herpes Questions › GSHV1 Transmission , Conceiving, Condom usages and risks › Reply To: GSHV1 Transmission , Conceiving, Condom usages and risks
1. As both of us are GHSV1 positive, what will be the future of our sex life ?
If the IgG is accurate, there should be no problem with sex between the two of you in the future.
2. Ever since I was diagnosed, I didn’t kiss my partner due to the fear of oral HSV1 transmission. It’s been an year since I was diagnosed and I haven’t had any outbreaks in oral area. I assume I don’t have it over there. My partner has not got any outbreak in oral area till date. How likely it is possible for us to get it in oral area ?
Unlikely now – kiss away.
3. I heard 3 months after diagnosis, we cannot reinfect ourselves in other location due to anti bodies. Is this true ?
4. Suppose , if I do fingering inside her and with the same finger if I touch other body parts of her during sexual activity and then use my mouth on those parts , will I be getting infected in oral area ? Can it be the same for her too ?
5. Can we ever perform oral sex on each other ?
I do think you can, yes
6. Should we use protection for any sexual activity in future ?
Not if you both have HSV 1
7. I am worried about HPV as I heard it can also transmit asymptomatically. I have not had any HPV symptoms till date. If at all in future I don’t wear protection , should I be worried about HPV transmission to my partner ?
Most sexually active people have at least one strain of HPV in the long run
8. Should I test my partner for HPV as we are long time partners and I was the one who was exposed from a third person orally ?
I seriously doubt that you got HPV from oral sex – that doesn’t seem at all reasonable to me