› Forums › Herpes Questions › Questions About GHSV1 + Concerns About Possible Herpes Zoster › Reply To: Questions About GHSV1 + Concerns About Possible Herpes Zoster
Just some follow up questions,
1) I do believe I got infected by this one past partner. We had unprotected oral sex and then protected oral sex. However, I did not kiss them at all after the unprotected oral sex or protected oral sex. But I do remember kissing them at the start before engaging in anything. The only other reason why I thought it may have been zoster was because I had many ulcers/lesions on my neck, and the cluster appeared on my left ear – but I will do as you said and take a swab on my ear if it appears again. That said, if I do have OHSV1 on the helix on my ear through swab does that mean it can appear on my lips in the future or anywhere else in my face? I never really touched it and I only do when I need to check, and I wash my hands frequently + sanitize after doing so.
2) Are there other tests I can do to confirm OHSV1 even though I have no sores or ulcers ever in the last three months appearing on my lips ever since my GHSV1 diagnosis?
3) Will having a high lysine diet or taking Lysine supplements help with treating HSV1 at all or stopping recurrences?
4) A follow up on the famciclovir question, I was originally on valaclovir because that was what the std clinic prescribed me at the time, and after going through the 10 days and getting the confirmed swab test, I told my family doctor, who then prescribed me famciclovir for episodic treatment after I was finish with my 10 days. Since my GHSV1 is mild and I have a bit of concern of my left ear right now, should I ask my family doctor to prescribed me valacyclovir instead? What’s the difference?
5) Okay so toilets, showers, utensils, etc, if I choose not to share with others, is there a small chance of infection sharing objects? I choose to sanitize weekly or after use because it gives me a bit of fear of passing it others.
6) Just a weird question, can HSV1 turn into HSV2? or if having intercourse only, would hsv1 transmit as hsv2 to the other person’s genitals?