› Forums › Herpes Questions › Questions About GHSV1 + Concerns About Possible Herpes Zoster › Reply To: Questions About GHSV1 + Concerns About Possible Herpes Zoster
Just a few more questions & a follow up from the previous ones:
1) Should I go on suppressive therapy on the first year of my infection even though I hardly feel symptoms at the moment in the first 3 months of having ghsv1? or should I stay on episodic for now? I don’t have sores often and I’m trying to learn my prodrome symptoms.
2) is it worth taking val or famci during prodrome symptoms or will it make it worst? i’ve read a few experiences that it helps relieve lesions from appearing but may increase prodrome?
3) what did you mean by certain populations from my previous question on #4?
4) if i do go on suppression for val or famci, whats the recommended dose? is it different depending on how recurrent symptoms are?
5) on what day does the medication become effective if I were to go on suppressive before having sexual encounters?
6) if i had chickenpox when I was young, does that at relate to having herpes zoster(hz) its reactivation? is hz related to shingles and/or chicken pox? I believe I may have taken a vaccine related to the chicken pox after recovering from it.
Thank you so much for answering my questions. You have very helpful.