1. If I choose to do the Western Blot how does this work?
You call the clinic, set up a phone consultation appointment with me and we order the test to be drawn at a lab near your home.
2. Billing? Can I pay with credit card?
yes. The cost is $250-$315, depending upon where you live.
3. Does anything come to my home? Nothing can come to my home address, period.
No, just the credit card bill. I email test results.
4. Which labs can be used? Quest, Labcorp, or doctors office?
We only use Quest exclusively
5. I may not be able to contact by phone as I do not want a The phone number to the clinic showing on my bill. Is there an email I can contact to set this up?
We can work around this, yes
6. Finally to help make my decision. Is this test any more accurate than the multiple tests I have already conducted? I want closure. I want to say I am fine and I can resume my relationship without harming my husband.
This test picks up about 2-3% more infections with HSV 2 than the screening test.