1. Is it likely that I got HSV 2 from the vaginal fluid that was on my lower belly and may have seeped into a cut from shaving? Forums/sites are conflicted on whether the fluid would transfer HSV2 – many say no, many say yes.
And I say no. The IgM has many many false positives and should never be used to try to diagnose herpes – the CDC says so. Your HSV 2 is negative and though not enough time has passed for a final results (about 12-16 weeks for the screening test), I suspect it will stay negative.
2. Do the numbers I presented give any hint that maybe I don’t have HSV 2 – would a low # at 9 weeks be indicative of that? I do plan on testing at the 12 week mark – can I count that as pretty much conclusive?
Yes, it would be.
3. I don’t recall ever having HSV 1 or cold sores – is it possible that I contracted HSV1 genitally and possibly orally?
If you have never had cold sores in your nose or on your lip, you could have this orally or genitally, yes. If you get a sore someplace orally or genitally,, please have it swab tested for herpes.
4. Why would my HSV1 index be so high during the initial test and then drop down to 1.9 a few weeks later. Does it mean anything?
Did the same lab do both tests, do yo know? They sound like different lab scores to me.
5. I’ve developed anxiety and my throat has been hurting and developed shortness of breath that is still present now. Can this be herpes related (larynx sores?) or more so the anxiety?
I don’t think anxiety would cause a sore throat. If there is anything to swab in your throat, you probably should have it swab tested. Has that been done?