Thanks for the feedback.
The same lab did not do both the tests. The names are a little bit different. One is:
HSV TYPES 1 AND 2 ANTIBODY IGG
The other is: HSV 1 AND 2-SPECIFIC AB, IGG
The index values are similar – one says 0-.89 and the other says 0-.90. I still don’t know why the value for the first test was 20.3. Just seems very high. Could it be due to a recent infection?
Few more questions:
1. I know many people have asked this questions before – but what is the chance of passing HSV1 to a partner though vaginal sex during asymptomatic shedding that is not infected with with HSV1. I’m specifically looking for some type of a probability based on how many days it’s shed and the chance of catching it if intercourse does happen on that day.
2. I’ve felt pain in my jaw/neck now for what seems like 4-5 weeks. Is this typical of herpes. The pain seems to radiate – it’s on one side and then goes to the other…etc. It just seems as though it will never let up. Do you think there is something else going on? I know you haven’t physically examined me – just your thoughts. Also – let’s say that I was infected with HSV1 just recently – how long does it typically take before my body gets adjusted and my OBs aren’t this painful – if it is herpes related.
3. I still have this pressure/pain from the lymph node in my groin. It’s been about 2 months that’s it’s been there – will this go away? It’s related to the sore that was drained I assume – I just keep getting reminded on this horrible mistake every time I feel this pain. I’m at a point where after I test at the 12 weeks mark and if it’s negative for HSV2 – I want to get this lymph removed or do something with it – because the pain is terrible.
4. In your experience, do inguinal lymph nodes swell up every time there is an OB or usually only for the 1st one?
5. In relation to my discussion of my high HSV1 IGG score – is it possible that the HSV1 IGG score was so high due to a recent HSV2 infection? I’m not sure if these index values correlate with the volume of antibodies in the system.
This has been the most miserable time of my life. The past few months had me hit rock bottom – hard! I’m just hoping to get through this with minimal damage and I appreciate your help.