I have transmission questions in regards to my 11 month old. My husband and I have tested negative for both HSV 1 & 2, but my mom has HSV 1. My concern is that I am going home to visit and I’m worried about my daughter getting infected.
1. I know about the refraining from kissing on the mouth area when a blister is present but what is the likelihood of transmission when no blister is present when they are playing and her hands touches my mothers mouth or kisses?
2. Do i need to keep my daughter from not touching my mothers face, blister or not, at all times?
3. Do i need to just prohibit kissing all together between mother and daughter?
4. Should I be concerned about my daughter getting HSV 1 genitally if my mom changes her diaper? even if she doesnt wash her hands? blister present or not present.
5. We use cloth diapers so they are washed and reused, is there any risk in cloth diaper use? If they are washed in mothers washer and dryer that she has used to wash her towels previously, will diapers get infected if virus was on towels in previous wash?
6. Bottles? If my mom feeds her a bottle and she didn’t wash her hands and the virus got on the bottle and then my daughter touches the bottle and then her mouth, can it be transmitted this way?
7. If my daughter was to get oral herpes and she touches her mouth, blister or no blister, and then touches her genitals during diaper changes what is the likelihood of transmission to genitals? Is there any statistics on this particular transmission as this is the one that terrifies me the most.
I have been seeing a therapist over anxiety of this and have been diagnosed with post partum anxiety /OCD so dealing with the thought of my daughter getting this is has been difficult.
Thank you for your time