1. If I had acquired GHSV1 back in 2012 that kept getting missed in my tests, how likely would it be that I would become infected with hsv2 in the same area?
Extremely unlikely. And didn’t you have a negative western blot? That would have detected your HSV 1, I believe.
2. Is my risk at this point given a 5 week negative test and a questionable mark realistic or should I be calming down due to the fact that at the very least up until the last contact I remain negative?
You should most certainly be calming down, especially give the derm opinion
3. In cases where someone had a previous ghsv1 infection and acquired hsv2 did their bodies handle it better and experience less outbreaks?
Yes, HSV 1 ameliorates HSV 2 significantly.
4. What is the likelihood that I had caught ghsv1 through genital contact back in 2012? Wouldn’t that have been rare?
5. What is your opinion/ comments on the entirety of my situation? The rational part of my brain wants to believe I would be extremely unlucky for most of my theories to be correct given the tests. Can you provide some sanity to the situation I am experiencing?
While HSV 1 can be transmitted via intercourse it is more unusual, yes.
I’m not sure I can provide you with sanity, I don’t actually have much luck with that here. I think only you can provide you with sanity by looking at the facts here and coming to the conclusion that no, you are extremely unlikely to have acquired herpes.