Forum Replies Created
October 25, 2022 at 11:29 am in reply to: Next Steps and Likelihood of Acquisition #79218AC333Spectator
How would you interpret a third negative if it comes at the three month mark? I’m having a very hard time accepting or believing that I haven’t acquired herpes from this person.
Yesterday the tingling/numbness in my foot felt more constant after having been gone for a while. My bump in August was accompanied by another at around the same time on my pubic bone that released clear liquid when I tried popping it (i thought it was a pimple), the skin where the big bump later formed was sensitive to the touch for days before it appeared, and the itching between my labia didn’t feel typical of BV because it was all external and quite intense. Most importantly, my recent partner tested positive with an IgG of 23.30 and we had unprotected sex and he did perform oral on me, but to my memory it was only a few times months ago. But of course if he had it orally something as small as a kiss could have done it, which we also obviously did a lot.
I feel like these symptoms do not line up with anything else and given his positive result are quite clear, but my negative tests are throwing me off. Right now I guess it is just a matter of waiting until the appropriate amount of time has passed to test again, but any wisdom or insight from you would be much appreciated.October 20, 2022 at 1:05 pm in reply to: Next Steps and Likelihood of Acquisition #79171AC333Spectator
Thank you for the response. We did engage in oral sex a few times many months ago.
The itching may have been caused by my BV, and the bumps have been said by everyone (including my gynecologist and dermatologist) to not resemble herpes. It is the tingling that is really making me think I have acquired herpes from this person. Is the tinging essentially a telltale sign? I can’t think of anything else it could be caused by. It was mainly in my right foot while driving or lying down, and very mild tingling occasionally in the groin.
I do plan on retesting several weeks from now. If that test is negative again, I will spring for a western blot. Though my negatives aren’t a definite answer, does the fact that I’ve tested negative twice now mean anything, or is it largely insignificant because it hasn’t been 3 months yet?
Does this sound like a classic case to you? Is there any reason I should think it isn’t? Currently I do feel rather convinced that I have it and am frustrated that it isn’t showing up on tests. I’m holding off on the WB due to cost.